Pages

Monday, April 9, 2012

Tired of "No"!

Add caption
These days it seems like we rush through life. Not finding joy in the mundane things we just take for granted.

Have you ever seen the movie Yes Man, where the guy makes a pledge to say 'yes' to everything? Well anyway it's a movie where he makes the promise to say yes to everything, whether that be to attending an even, to a girl that asks him out, to go skydiving. Anywayy, I think so many times I say no to often...

Wanna go to my locker with me? 'Nahhh I just want to class and sit down."

Wanna come over "Ahh idk, i might have better things to do" -I don't actually say that, but i do, on occasion, think this :/

 I think it would be cool to try the 'Yes!' thing for a week. But I'm always afraid of something like:

Hey wanna do drugs? "Yes!"
Wanna go jump off a bridge? "Why yes I would!"
Want to date me? "Yes, of course!"

Ha, I guess I'm just silly. And of course I don't even hang out with people that would ask me to do drugs and I don't think someone would ask me to jump off a bridge and I highly doubt anyone would just ask me out out of the blue...except Mr. McCrushyCrush, although I think he thinks I really don't like him...Anyway, I really should say yes a weee bit more though.

Want to come over and work on the chem project on Friday, we don't have to but we can do it there rather during class? 'Ahh we'll see.'... I don't really want to waste my Friday off school working on a chem project, but then again it's with one of my good friends and we'll have fun so why didn't I just say "Yes, sure! That'll be fun!"

Want to go see the Hunger Games with me? 'Oh maybe'... I kinda wanted to see it with someone I was better friends with, but then again I guess you become better friends when you hang out. Soo "Yes I would! And do you want to go get ice cream afterwards to?!"

Do you want to volunteer to help at this volleyball tournament for charity? 'I'll think about it, maybe I'll just do the morning session..it won't be as hot and humid" ... So you know what I just did? Signed up for both sessions...9:30-4:00 in the afternoon, yes I figured I would fry, but really what better things do I have to do. And besides Mr. McCC was there too. Plus I know I knew I'd have a blast!

So here's to saying yes! Ready say yes nice and loud...YES!!

In the end of the movie though, the man learns that he can't possibly say yes to everything. Saying yes to everything made him exhausted and was taking it's toll. He learned that he should say yes more and try new things too, but that he did have to say 'no' sometimes when necessary.

My goal in life is to say 'yes' more. I guess life's a little blah without taking chances or going places.

Have a fantabulous day :)
~Miss Lyss

No comments:

Post a Comment