Pages

Saturday, February 18, 2012

Craftiness

So first I'd like to say I added an About Me and a Blogs of Note page. Go check 'em out and tell me what you think! I'm not finished with the Blogs of Note page though so no worries if it doesn't seem like there's very many blogs on it.

Anywhoo craftiness onward. Lately I've been into crocheting again. I've mad oodles of dishcloths in my past, but about two weeks ago I stumbled into the wonderful world of crocheted stuffed animals. Let me tell you...I am in love. So far I've made a penguin, a frog and a zebra. I'm in the process of a chicken and a bunny(and a giraffe, but I'm confused about him!). They're addicting. One thing I love is that each animal/creature is so unique and I can change their colors and do whatever I'd like.

Mr. Froggy is a key chain or a bag charm or whatever you want him to be. He really is pretty stinkin' adorable if I do say so myself. He's also the only crocheted animal in the house and like I've mentioned, I'm scared of the dark, and don't want to go out to the car to get the rest. Therefore I shall show you a lovely picture of part of my craftroom(Yes I said craftroom, I'm superduper blessed!)

I really like my wool yarn ball chair area. It's really hard to see(because I just pointed my desk lamp at the chair and shot its picture with the fuzzy iPad), but my knitting and crochet needles are in cans and the bigger knitting needles are in a large mason jar. I also love my trash can. Yes, I  know, I love my trash can. Oh and those totally aren't Webkinzes sitting in that chair....hehe I still have a few of my Webkinzes from the good ole days.

So this isn't my craftroom, but the corner of my room. On either side of the window I have these bulletin/chalk/dryerase board thingies, but they don't stick to the wall very well. I've tried hot glue, sticky strips, and wall clay sticking stuff. Nothing seems to hold them on. The thing is they're not that heavy. I'm also afraid to decorate the cork because I think they'll fall off and won't write on the others for fear of them tumbling back on me! Any ideas?!

Another question. My floor looks like this. And shall I mentioned I cleaned my room out three days ago! My room is about 7x7 ft.(my trade off for a giant craftroom) and when I have stuff on my floor I can't walk! What's your best secret for keeping your room clean? (Oh and that's a zebra in progress lying there on the floor.)

Well I think I just rambled on and on tonight. I'm exhausted from shopping all day...such a hard life. I would also like to think Trinka from Amazing Love for this lovely post. Thank you and if you haven't visited her blog be sure to do so! I think I should go to bed now so I don't fall asleep during church tomorrow. Our new pastor is going to be preaching for the first time and I don't think he would appreciate me falling asleep on his first Sunday at our church! haha :)


~Miss Lyss

3 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you got some new followers! :) And I've been waiting to see your little crocheted animal...things... {wonderfully technical term, no?} They're adorable and I love your zebra! I'm jealous of your craft room... all my yarn, hooks, and needles are strewn all over my room ;P

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like to crochet too! You have a very cool blog.

    Would you like to check mine out? http://godsgirlz1.wordpress.com

    ~Godsgirlz1

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool projects, Lyss. (And is that a penguin I see? So cute.)

    Thanks so much for following my blog - I so appreciate it. =)

    ReplyDelete