Pages

Thursday, February 9, 2012

Emotions/'Liking'

Today I am stealing part of a post from my friend Miss Em. She deleted her blog, but I stole this before she did. (mwahahaha) I think what she wrote is very true for many teens. 

Emotions


They just make life seem like One. Big. Mess. huh. 
They can ruin friendships or make them so complicated.
Or they can ruin your friendship with someone else, when you both have the same feelings for another person.
They can tear you up and make you go insane trying to hide them.
Or, they can be the biggest mess in the world once you reveal them. 
They can make you hurt all over when they aren't returned.
Or they can make you hurt all over when you can't return them. 
And then there's when you feel the same way as someone else, but you know it's best not to let the feelings show and let them pass, but the other person thinks otherwise. 
And all that is just when you have feelings of "liking" someone.
Then there's all the complex, emotions like sadness, anger, hurt, fear, confusion, discomfort, happiness, joy, love,  anxiety, depression.

Anyhow., lets just say every person has to face all these, every day, just like everyone else. So., we might as well get used to it. 
Embrace the complicated., crazy world of Emotions. They can be to our advantage. As is unfair-nses. 
~Miss Em'


The thing is I don't want to like someone, but I can tell it's happening. I don't think crushes are the best thing in the world. Usually they lead to things like anger, hurt, fear, confusion, or depression. Not to mention they're uber distracting!! It also doesn't help when your bestfriend is poking you saying "I think someone likes you!...and I think it's mutual!" I also am pretty sure nothing will ever happen with this because, well I'm me and I typically won't let it. 

I don't think boyfriends are bad, but should people my age really be dating? I just can't decide. Plus me being me again would set boundries, strict boundries, and also follow them, but is that enough. I don't think there is a set age people should be expected to start dating, but there should be a too young age. I'm a mentor for a group that goes to middle schools and one of the topics is Healthy Relationships and in that it has 'How do you know if you should date someone?' section. Ha. I just read it. 

Anywhoo, it's not like I'm friends with and like this guy and am just going to be dating him the next day, I'm just pondering. Hopefully I can keep all my emotions in check and always do what's best for me.

~Miss Lyss

1 comment:

  1. I agree with Miss Em, emotions can make things a lot more complicated, but we should embrace them because with them, life would be boring. :) And I also agree with you that their should be a 'too young' to date age. Nice post! :)

    ReplyDelete