Pages

Monday, January 23, 2012

Confessions

I thought if would be fun to do a 'Confessions' post maybe once a week. Not really major confessions, just random facts about me that you probably don't know. Okay so let's start this off.

I have a confession....I've never had a boyfriend. Again, I don't really see this as a confession, but just a fact about  me. For many teens this seems shocking. The other day I got a text from my younger cousin that said, "Don't be sad, but have you ever been kissed?" I was kind of shocked by this question and I told him the answer was no and that I wasn't mad or sad about it.

Pinned Image
via

It's not like I don't talk to guys or anything. Last year there was a guy that I may have liked and I was like  80% sure he liked me(the rest of the my friends and classmates informed me that they were 100% sure). As you probably have guessed, nothing ever came of it and now I am glad because he has changed a lot and is just way different and I have probably changed also.

Pinned Image
via

Anywhooo...I told my cousin that more than anything I was proud of it. It shows that I'm strong and I don't need a guy to get through life as a teenager.  To me it seems that so many girls my age are all over guys and this leads them to nothing but heartbreak. (Don't get me wrong there are some couples who take it slow and genuinely care about each other.) I've also seen girls be all over their boyfriends and just leave their friends hanging and I would not want to do that. Then, when there's a fight or a break up they have no true friends to turn to.

 Pinned Image
via

I guess part of it is also I'm afraid to risk everything with someone and then lose it, but I guess life is about taking chances and honestly I guess it wouldn't be the end of the world. The thing is I kind of want to be in a relationship, but I shouldn't because wanting could lead to awful things.

Pinned Image
via 

That's all for now! Oh and respond to the poll if you'd like to! I'd love your answers. I'm a curious person and by no means will judge you!!! Even though I only have five followers I'd still love your answers. And your comments, they're so sweet and they make me so happy! Thanks :)

~Miss Lyss


5 comments:

  1. I loved that you posted this. I'm 16 too and am in the same position, and it has never really bothered me either. It's good to know that there are other teenagers out there who are waiting for the right person rather than the age when you think it should happen. I'd never really thought about being single as a strength but you're right, it should be viewed as one. You should really have more followers. I think if more girls read this they would realize that while its okay to have a boyfriend, they don't have to be in a relationship to be happy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha, thanks glad to know you relate. I also do wish more girls would realize they don't NEED a man. The things they put themselves through. I'm glad you can recognize it as a strength now too. :)

      Delete
  2. I totally agree every words you said,even though I'm only 13...You know,some of friends think they're super cool if they got themselves a guy.While I think,they're super dumb!I mean,we're ONLY 13,what's the point to have a boyfriend?It's just WAY too dumb.But,I must admit one thing for sure:I do have a crush...But so what,I never in my life wanted him to be anything more than a crush.Yup,seriously:) I know,I'm such a weirdo:P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 13?! And I think I am too young sometimes?! :D And crushes are okay as long as it doesn't progress into a bad relationship. Even boyfriends are okay as long as you set boundaries and follow them(in my opinion).

      Yesterday my friend whispered to me I know you like him and I pretended not to know, but secretly...he's my crush :) Yes, I too have a crush and I want nothing more.

      And everyone is weird in their own little way! Embrace the weirdness!!

      Delete
  3. Exactly:)
    You're really nice,Miss Lyss!REALLY:)

    ReplyDelete